New SPAX® Exterior/Deck Screws
The new SPAX® Exterior/Deck Screws are engineered for use in any preservative-treated decking and exterior wood applications. Featuring the new SPAX HCR-X™ Coating System, it provides superior corrosion resistance over other carbon steel deck screws with painted or hot-dipped galvanized coatings. Plus, the patented SPAX thread technology and T-STAR plus drive mean faster, easier installation with no pre-drilling required.
- SPAX HCR-X™ Coating System offer superior "X-terior" corrosion resistance when installed in treated lumber and tested in exterior, coastal construction environments.
- Patented thread serration and 4CUT™ Point require no pre-drilling, speed installation and help guard against wood splitting.
- T20, T-STAR plus drive provides superior bit engagement to eliminate head stripping/cam outs.
- Patented MULTIhead design facilitates flush or countersunk installation in wood.
* Ideal for 5/4" treated deck planking.
SPAX® STAINLESS STEEL DECK SCREWS
SPAX Stainless Steel Screws offer the ultimate corrosion resistance and long term aesthetics in wood deck/railing and other exterior wood applications.
- Double ThreadLok™ design pulls and holds boards tight, preventing screws from backing out as lumber dries out.
- Patented thread serrations require no pre-drilling and reduce drive torque to prolong the battery life of power tools.
- Deep square drive offers excellent bit engagement to help prevent camming out.