PROTECT YOUR DECK AT MINIMAL COST
Maximize your deck’s life expectancy with SPAX® Deck Joist and Beam Tape.
To get an idea how much joist tape you need for your deck project use our calculator.
A typical deck warranty will last 25 or more years—but without a protected deck substructure, splitting and rotting can occur at around 8 to 10 years, according to research by decks.com. SPAX® Deck Joist and Beam Tape optimizes the life of the deck and ensures a long-lasting, professional installation by protecting fasteners from water damage.
The flexible, waterproof tape is specially engineered with advanced synthetic adhesive to seal off fasteners, joists and beams from moisture. This high-strength, durable barrier prevents premature wood rot while allowing joists to breathe, so that your foundation lasts as long as the deck. And with a UV-resistant engineered film facer, it’s the only deck tape with UV resistance up to 10 years.
SPAX® Deck Joist and Beam Tape is part of our line of complete decking solutions, making professional, high-quality installation easy.
- Compatible with most deck materials, including pressure treated wood and composite products
- Protects deck substructure from rot and decay
- Helps deck screws hold longer and stronger
- Seals fasteners, preventing moisture penetration
- Eliminates splitting between freeze and thaw
- Provides a barrier between wood and galvanized metal
- Black to hide joists and drillable for ease of use
- Moisture-resistant, slip and tear resistant
- Materials warranty for a period of 10 years
- Pliable—guaranteed not to crack, harden or shrink due to temperature
- Sound dampening, reducing board squeaks
- Apply to horizontal and vertical surfaces including all joists, beams, stair stringers, ledger board and other surfaces
- Stock available in 2 widths: 1-5/8” (4.13cm) Joist Tape for joists and 3-1/4” (8.26cm) Beam Tape on all double joists and beams
Decking Project Calculator
Enter the information below to determine how many rolls are needed for your project.
SPAX® Joist Tape
Tape width: 1-5/8"
Part number: 5100007193071
SPAX® Beam Tape
Tape width: 3-1/4"
Part number: 5100007193081