With just a few clicks, find the right screw for the right application, search our Screw Finder for the best multi-purpose screws, PowerLags®, and specialty screws.
SPAX® PowerLags® are the largest selection of code-recognized structural wood-to-wood screws for framing in the industry. Featuring SPAX® patented thread technology, they require no pre-drilling, and drive faster and easier than conventional lags and other structural lag screws. Request a sample pack of SPAX® multi-purpose construction screws today
PowerLags® for Strong Wood-to-Wood Connections
German engineered and American made, SPAX® PowerLags® are professional grade structural screws and sold in job-friendly package quantities, including bulk pails.
- No pre-drilling required (1/4" and 5/16")
Note: Lead holes of 11/64" (.172") diameter are required for 3/8" and 13/64" (.203") diameter for 1/2"
- Grade 5 durability
- IRC / IBC Code Compliant DrJ TER No. 1912-07 Properties Report
- Independently tested and approved DrJ Technical Evaluation Reports (TER No. 1711-01; Deck Ledger Attachment and TER No. 1802-03; Multi-Ply; Sawn lumber assemblies and engineered wood - LVL, PSL and LSL assemblies)
- Patented thread serrations require up to 40% less driving torque to increase installation speed while helping prevent cracking in logs
- Built-on washer head designs eliminate the need and extra cost of a separate washer
- Fastener length stamp on the head provides convenient identification without measuring and aids on-site inspections
- Hex head style
- T-Star head style
- Zinc, yellow zinc, coating options for interior applications
- HCR coating for exterior use, including treated lumber
Buy SPAX® screws and PowerLags® in bulk from wholesalers, dealers and specialty distributers or in project-appropriate package sizes at retail hardware and home improvement stores.
T-Star Washer Head PowerLags®
The low-profile, large diameter head design provides outstanding clamping force and improved aesthetics. Deep T-Star drive offers excellent bit engagement without requiring a “special” driver bit. Available in 1/4”, 5/16”, and 3/8” diameters, and in lengths up to 10”. SPAX HCR® Coating is approved for use in treated lumber.Read More
Hex Washer Head PowerLags®
Provides maximum driver engagement, especially when using larger diameter/longer length parts in harder wood species. Available in 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8” and 1/2” diameters, and in lengths up to 12”. SPAX HCR® Coating is approved for use in treated lumber.Read More
T-STAR PLUS CYLINDRIC HEAD POWERLAGS®
The cylindric head design with full-thread features a low torque / quick installation in critical framing applications. Available in #14 diameter and lengths up to 6-1/4" plus SPAX® exclusive WIROX® coating system, ideal for interior applications.Read More