T-STAR PLUS TRIM HEAD MDF/HARDWOOD
SPAX® MDF fasteners with T-STAR plus trim head are designed for use in interior finishing applications. The tip is specifically designed for use in hardwood trim or medium density fiberboard (MDF) applications.
Design Values & Loads
ALLOWABLE WITHDRAWAL (W) AND HEAD PULL-THROUGH (WH)
- Tabulated withdrawal and head pull-through design values (W) and (WH) are shown at a CD = 1.0. Tabulated withdrawal and head pull-through values shall be adjusted by all applicable adjustment factors per NDS Table 11.3.1.
- Full withdrawal strength is calculated by multiplying the length of thread embedded in the main member by the tabulated reference withdrawal values.
- Head pull-through values for #6 diameter and larger in Souther pine, Douglas-Fir, Hem Fir and Spruce-Pine-Fir are minimum 1.0" side member thickness.
- Head pull-through values for #8 diameter and larger in Southern Pine, Douglas-Fir, Hem-Fir and Spruce-Pine-Fir are minimum 1.5" side member thickness.
- For wood species with an assigned specific gravity between 0.42 and 0.50, use the tabulated values for specific gravity of 0.42. For wood species with an assigned specific gravity between 0.50 and 0.55, use the tabulated values for specific gravity of 0.50. For wood species with an assigned specific gravity greater than or equal to 0.55, use the tabulated values for specific gravity of 0.55.
CAD & Dimensional Drawings
Docs & Files
SPAX MDF/Hardwood Screws - The perfect solution for cabinet styles assembly and attachment!
SPAX ENGINEERED FASTENERS ARE THE MOST ADVANCED FASTENER PRODUCT ON THE MARKET
Our fasteners strength and job site efficiency innovations will provide you with the power to keep your projects connected stronger for longer. Featuring SPAX® patented thread technology, they require no pre-drilling, and drive faster and easier than conventional lags and other structural lag screws.